Pricing for Horse Riding Lessons
Stonewood proudly offers one fo the GTA's top riding programs, developing riders from their first experience to national level comeptitors. Based with a foundation in Hunter/Jumper and Equiation our coaches are highly qualified and our animals are seasoned lesson horses and ponies.
The Stonewood Team is focused on providing both an outstanding customer experience with exceptional facilities and animals to work with on a stunning property in North Pickering. We have a logn standing history of working with riders of all ages and levels to help them achieve their goals and dreams in the sport. Whether you are just looking to just ride recreationally or wish be pursue serious competitive aspirations we have coaches, horses and a program to fit all equestrian enthusiasts.
Introductory Package $225/month + HST
The introductory package is designed to introudce riders to the sport or allow more experienced riders to get aquainted with the program. Our comprehensive program is taught on seasoned school horses, with qualified coaches. This package includes;
- 1 60 minute group lesson per week
- Lessons available all year round
- Students enrolled are eligable for 1 missed lesson per month for which they are eligable to receive a make up if 24 hrs notice has been given.
Yearly Tuition Package $225/month + HST
This package offers students a 12 month term. Students receive one group lesson per week and may miss up to 1 lesson a month for which they receive a make up lesson.
- Students maintain a consistent weekly spot on the lesson schedule
- Students grow and develop their skills through consistency of riding year round.
- Students have the opportunitiy to participate in other events such as clinics with other Professionals brough in to provide a unqie learnign expereince.
- Students will recevie two acohcing reports yearly which provide insight as to where they are currently excellign adn what next steps and skills to be obtained are.
- Students can participate in horse shows both on property and off if that is a desired outcome for them.
Assessment lesson $56.50 ($50 plus HST)
In order to assess new students with some riding experience we offer a 30 minute private assessment lesson. This lesson is used to determine a suitable group for each student. Students are asked to come in 30 minutes before their scheduled lesson to go over registration, barn orientation, grooming and tacking up procedures. Follow up with the office is required after this lesson in order to discuss enrollment and lesson scheduling options.
Private Lessons (30 mins) $70/lesson + HST
Private Lessons (60 mins) $115/lesson + HST
Private lessons have a 1:1 student/instructor ratio and are subject to availability. Private lessons are only offered students who are currently enrolled in either the yearly tuition or the monthly group lesson packages and are to be treated as an occasional addition to regular group lessons. Availability is limited for these lessons.
We offer many programs that run year‐round and seasonally. Information on the following activities and classes will be announced via our web site, email and newsletters or please contact the office at any time:
- Summer , Christmas and March Break camps
- In‐house clinics
- Stable Management theory classes
- Equine Canada Rider Level testing
- Practice rides
- In‐house horse shows
Stonewood Academy believes that all children should enjoy equal opportunity at becoming involved with our sport. As a result we have teamed up with two canadian based organizations who provide funding for qualified applicants. Please click here to learn more about these programs and to see if you qualify.